How To Dip Dye A Sailor Knot Bracelet
2. Cotton sailor knot bracelets soaked in water
3. Containers for holding the dye
4. A rack for drying the bracelets
5. Plastic gloves, it will be messy!
1. Gather your materials and soak your bracelets in water until saturated. Cold water dye used for tie dying is the easiest dye to work with. I like Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye.
2. Prepare dye according to package directions and add to a shallow bowl, about an inch deep or so.
3. Pick up your soaked bracelet and let the excess water drip off, then carefully place in the dye container.
4. Let it sit for a minute. You will see the dye start to work its way up the fibers.
5. Remove the bracelet to a rack to dry. It will drip, so make sure you have something underneath so your table doesn't get stained!
The color will continue to saturate the bracelet as it sits, so a shorter dip time is better than a longer one. If you don't think there is enough color, you can always dip it again.
6. Let your bracelet dry completely.
7. Rinse well until the water runs clear. This may take multiple rinses.
8. Enjoy your dip dyed bracelet!